From: £5.88 Inc VAT
47mm x 100mm (4 x 2) - Sawn Kiln Dried & Pressure Treated (Tanalised) C24 Graded Timber
Brand: Nottage Timber Merchants
Delivery: Local Delivery Only (SA, CF & NP Postcodes)
Note on Sizes: This item is listed in "Nominal Sizes". Nominal Sizes are measured before planing. A general guideline is to subtract 5mm of each measurement to get the finished dimensions. I.e 25mm Nominal thickness becomes 20mm Finished thickness
Price includes VAT unless stated otherwise
2 x 4 Pressure Treated [Tanalised] C24 Timber
47mm x 100mm Pressure Treated [Tanalised] C24 Timber
C24 Carcassing timber is a kiln dried and regularised timber that has been strength graded to C24 standards for known structural performance. Stress graded timber is either graded in the country of origin to BS4978 or visually stress graded at the milling facilities by highly qualified stress graders.
Kiln drying helps improve stability and straightness. Our C24 timber is kiln dried to 20% or less moisture content in line with building regulations.
Regularised timber is made by planing all round for consistent sizing. Our regularised timber finishes 2mm off nominal thickness and 5mm off nominal width. 47mm x 100mm Pressure Treated [Tanalised] C24 Timber for example has an approximate finished dimension of 45mm x 95mm. Regularised timber is finished off with 'eased' (rounded) corners for comfortable handling.
- Treated under licence to Celcure AC-500
- Pressure treated with preservatives to enhance resistance to rot and insect attack
- Always seal cut ends with a suitable preservative to maintain all-round protection
- Protect from direct contact with moisture with a suitable woodcare treatment
- Not suitable for use in direct ground contact
The timber industry goes back many hundreds of years and some the historic methods of sales and sawmilling are still used today. A mixture of imperial & metric sizes and volumes are commonplace. However, The UK retail market ensures that all goods sold since January 1st 2000 are listed as metric sizes. Dispite the transition, most trade and DIY buyers still refer to timber in imperial measurements. At Nottage Timber Merchants, we try and list all our timber goods with the Metric and Imperial equivelents to enure you can find exactly what you want without having to do conversions. Given the conversions are not always 100% accurate, or are rounded for simplictity, please always ensure you use the metric measurement when measuring timber
How does 47mm x 100mm Pressure Treated [Tanalised] C24 Timber compare to 4 x 2 C16 Timber & 38mm x 89mm CLS Timber?
- Most CLS Timber in the UK is graded at C16
- C16 & C24 are the most common Stength Graded Timbers in the UK
- C24 timber has been graded to a higher standard than C16.
- C24 grade can only be achieved by importing timber from areas where the climate forces a slower growth rate and hence a tighter grain.
- C24 timber is roughly 50% stronger than C16 timber
- C24 is better suited to longer spans or heavier loads
- Stock Availability
* Stock Levels are NOT LIVE - We try our best to keep our stock levels accurate but there is a delay between our Stock System and Website.
Option Price Stock 3.6m / 3600mm / 12ft £8.46 Inc VAT More Than 100 Available 4.8m / 4800mm / 16ft £11.28 Inc VAT More Than 100 Available
- Delivery InfomationDue to the size and/or weight of this item, we are only able to delivery this item on our own fleet of vehicles. To see what areas we cover, please Click Here to see our full delivery infomation page